As it says in the description of this blog it is wholly, solely and totally dedicated to my research, learning and subsequent sharing of information I attain through my effort to master the material presented in my Systems Analysis and Design class. 7% percent of our grade is devoted to what our instructor calls "self-driven work". I'm not going to lie, when I read about that and he explained it further I thought it was too ambiguous to really know what to even do for it. We're supposed to go beyond what he assigns us in class to learn anything and everything we can about the content dealt with in this course. Through our academic lives 99% of the time all the work we are given is extremely defined and almost, only one way to do it (if you disagree I'd like to hear your argument). They tell us to be creative, be a thinker but only give us things that have 1-2 pages of specifications that must be met to get the grade. Granted many subjects require such structure to be assimilated easier and learn faster. I've been struggling to figure out ways to fulfill this requirement and time is only progressing forward leaving me less of it to figure it out. So rather that stew over it and get frustrated and say it's a stupid requirement I decided to make it a challenge as I can only assume it's meant to be. One of the things our instructor recommended was to make a blog about class material. I've never blogged before so I figured it'd be a good time to start. Pardon my amateur abilities. As you can see this first entry is not about the course material but basically a getting started entry to create the blog and set the stage for the purpose and function of this blog. I hope that through my research I can help other both in the class and out, to understand the principles that are involved in System Analysis and Design. I'm no expert, but as we don't have a text book I figured to give 1-1.5 hours of time outside of class per class period to researching and then writing about the material will not only reinforce my learning but also (i hope) help others. Another thing I think this will help me with is paying attention in class not to mention becoming engaged in class material outside of class. Also if you read this blog and find anything that is not right and/or not clear please make corrections and tell me so that I can get it right. This is to be a collaborative work. You may not be able to edit the text but you can add your comments. Thank you and enjoy
Monday, October 12, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment